Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Grad school application tips: Part 2 - GRE scores

Students often get hung up on their GRE scores. These scores are important but they are not the deal breakers that students often see them as.

It is important to remember that there is much more to your application then these few numbers. This was first pointed out to me by admissions staff at Harvard during my REU there. It is easy to get hung up on your scores, but its not worth it. There is so much more to your application. My physics GRE score was in the 54th percentile, below at least one schools "reccomended minimum" but I was still admitted into their program.

Prepare for the GREs, do well on them, but do not wast your energy getting hung up on them.

(Click the "application tips" link below to see everything I've written on this topic.)

1 comment:

Liquid said...

RE: KUDZU

It was a joke. If you had actually read the post you might've picked up on that. I live in Mississippi which is mostly coverd by the annoying plant.
But I do thank you for visiting my blog and for commenting. Have a super day. Oh, and if you know of anything that will actually kill or deter kudzu, I'd like to know. :)