Saturday, September 1, 2007

24 Hours my ass

Five hours of partying, drinking, and rocking out at a party thrown by Andrew WK can leave you pretty hungry. If your not familiar with Andrew WK, I highly recommend looking into him. He is the embodiment of Fun. As I was saying, I had worked up quite an appetite at the party; I'm proud to announce that I even did a bona fide stage dive, a long time goal of mine.

Walking home from the Metro with my buddy we wondered where we could find food in suburbia at 3:30 in the morning. We decided to hit up the supposed 24 hour Giant grocery store to obtain taquitos or steak'ems or something equally as nutritious. We were disappointed to find the following sign:
I, for one, am fascinated by the sign. As Lewis Black would say, this is the kind of thing that can give you an aneurysm if you think about it too hard. The best part is that the whole thing is on the same sticker, one continuous piece of material. This means, that somewhere along the line, at least one person, probably several, actually looked directly at this sticker and said "Yep, this is right. This is the exact message we want our customers to see." Idiots.

I went to bed hungry. Thanks Giant Food LLC.

1 comment:

goldwingman61 said...

Think that kinda defeats the purpose of Open 24 Hours. That would be like going to Wal-mart at 4:00 am only to find them closed. Yes I for one have been to Wal-mart at 4:00 am.